As a buyer, when you purchase on Vinted using the Add to cart and Proceed to checkout buttons, you are covered by the Buyer Protection. This means that if your item does not arrive, or if it arrives damaged or truly not as described, we refund you.
Transactions completed without using Vinted's Add to cart and Proceed to checkout buttons will be not be covered by the Buyer protection.
How to benefit from Buyer Protection?
- If your item arrives damaged or is significantly not as described, you have 4 days after the order was marked as "received" to lodge a return request.
- If the item turns out not to be authentic or has been damaged in transit, it will be sent to our Support team for review and response. If your request is approved, we will cancel the order and process your refund.
- If the item is otherwise significantly not as described (e.g., color, size, stains, holes or smell not as mentioned on the listing), your request will be sent to the seller for review and response. If the seller rejects your request or does not respond, it will be sent to our Support team for final decision. If your request is approved (by the seller, or by Vinted), your refund will be processed as soon as the item(s) is/are confirmed delivered back to the seller.
If you miss the 4 day deadline or click the Confirm order button, the Buyer Protection will end, your order will be finalized and the payment will be automatically released to the seller. This cannot be reversed
- If your item has been lost during transit, please contact us via the Get in touch button below so we can investigate (select Shipping & delivery, then I haven't received my parcel when contacting us). If the item is indeed lost, we will cancel the order so you can be refunded.
Of course, if you're not quite happy with your item (e.g., it is not your style, or it does not fit quite the way you expected), you can always lodge a return request to see if you can return it and get refunded. However, you will not be covered by Buyer Protection. This means that if the seller rejects your return request, the order will be automatically finalized, the seller paid and Vinted won't intervene.
If the seller agrees to a return in your private chat, please make sure that you still lodge a return request within 4 days after the order was marked as "received", otherwise the order will be automatically finalized and the seller paid. This cannot be reversed.
What is refunded?
You’ll get a refund if your order was cancelled or if you returned the item to the seller. You will be refunded once the order is marked as cancelled on Vinted or once the seller confirms receipt of the returned package, depending on the situation. The refund includes:
- the price of the item(s) returned/cancelled;
- the shipping fees you paid when you ordered the item(s), if all items within your order are returned/cancelled;
- the variable part of the Buyer Protection fee (5% of the price of the item(s) returned/cancelled);
- the fixed part of the Buyer Protection fee ($1.10), if you had no other items in your shopping cart at the time of purchase or if your other orders are also returned/cancelled;
- any applicable taxes.
Note that we do not refund the following:
- shipping costs for returning the item(s) to the seller;
- the cost of the envelope/packaging used to return the item(s).
If you’re returning an item from a bundle order, you’ll only receive the amount that the particular item was priced at when you made the purchase, the corresponding variable part of the Buyer Protection fee and applicable taxes. Any Shipping costs and the fixed part of the Buyer Protection fees will not be refunded.
When will you receive the refund?
Your refund will be issued within 24 hours via the same payment method you used when purchasing.
- If you paid with credit/debit card your refund will be deposited into your bank account within 5–10 business days.
- If you paid with Apple pay, your refund will be deposited within 5-10 business days into the bank account linked to the debit/credit card used with Apple pay.