If the buyer decides to submit a return request, you’ll be immediately notified on Vinted and via email.
If the return is about an item counterfeit or damaged in transit, the request will be sent directly to our Support team for review and response.
For all the other reasons, the request will be sent to you and ou will have 72 hours to reply (you will get a reminder if you have not yet responded after 24 hours).
To access the return request, click on the link in the notification, or go to Menu > My orders > Sold and click on the corresponding order.
The request is about an item significantly not as described (except counterfeit):
- If you accept the request, the buyer will have 3 days to ship the item(s) back to you.
- If you reject the request, our Support team will have another look and make the final decision. You must include as many details as possible about your reason for the rejection. If possible, you should also include pictures that prove the item was as described.
- If you do not respond within the 72 hours, the request will be sent to our Support team for a response. If we approve the request, the default address on your profile will be automatically provided to the buyer.
The request is because the buyer is not quite happy about the item:
- You can decide to accept the request and allow the buyer to return the item to you. They will have 3 days to ship it back to you.
- If you reject or don't respond to the request within 72 hours (3 days), the order will be automatically confirmed and your payout processed.
Receiving the item(s) back
Once the return is approved, the buyer will be sent the default address on your Vinted profile. Be sure to contact the buyer in the chat if your address has changed or if you would rather send the item to a service point.
The shipping method and return fees are covered by the buyer, but feel free to ask if there’s a tracking number.
Once you received your returned item(s), please confirm via Menu > My orders > Sold, and we will refund the buyer.
When the return request involves a counterfeit item or item(s) damaged in transit and is approved, your order will be cancelled and the buyer fully refunded. The item(s) won’t be returned to you.
Please also note that repeatedly listed or Selling counterfeit items is forbidden and may result in your account being blocked. Vinted does not facilitate this practice. You can read our policy here.
Returning part of a bundle
If your buyer requested to return only some items of a bundle, they still have to submit a return request but specify that they’re only returning part of the bundle and list the relevant item(s).
Our team will however need to manually process what we owe you for the item(s) kept by the buyer and what we need to refund the buyer. If the request is approved, you’ll have to contact our support team before you receive the item(s) back so we can take the appropriate steps.
- To contact us, click on the Get in touch button below, then select Returns-related questions & issues, and Only part of a bundle order is being returned. Make sure you list which items are being returned to you.
- We'll suspend the refund while you wait for your returned item(s).
- Once you confirm that you have received the returned item(s), we'll pay you for the items kept by the buyer and refund the buyer for the rest.
If you or the buyer does not contact us on time, our system will refund the buyer for all items in the bundle by default, not just the price of the items returned. This means that you will not be paid for the items kept by the buyer. This cannot be reversed