Once the order is marked as 'delivered', you have 4 days to confirm whether you want to keep it or submit a return request. Depending on the reason for the return request, you may be covered by Buyer Protection and our Refund policy.
What can be returned under the Buyer Protection?
Buyer Protection will apply if you receive an item that is significantly not as described in the seller's listing, or if your item gets damaged in transit. In practice, this means:
- the item(s)' size, material, colour or condition is not as indicated by the seller on the listing;
- the item's size is not available (e.g., doesn’t have a label) and this was not disclosed in the listing;
- the item(s) is/are missing some parts mentioned on the seller's listing;
- 1 or more items from your bundles were not shipped;
- the item(s) is damaged - it is stained, ripped, broken, holed or damaged in any other way that wasn’t detailed in the seller's description, pictures or comments;
- the item(s) turned out to be counterfeit;
- the parcel and the item(s) inside were damaged in transit.
In most of the situations above, your return request will be sent to the seller for review and response. If the seller agrees, your request will be approved and you will be asked to ship the items(s) back. If the seller disagrees with the return or does not respond within 3 days, our Support team will have a look and take the final decision.
If the item is a counterfeit or damaged in transit, your request will be reviewed directly by our Support team. If we accept your request, we will simply cancel the order and process your refund.
Selling counterfeit items is forbidden by law and may have legal repercussions. This practice goes against Vinted’s Rules. You can read our policy here.
What if I changed my mind or the item doesn't quite fit me?
You can still lodge a return request if:
- you've changed your mind;
- you don't like the item anymore
- the item doesn't fit you quite like you wanted
- the item has a slightly different colour due to the lighting in the item’s pictures.
However these reasons are not covered by Buyer Protection.
This means that your request will only be sent to the seller for review and response. If the seller rejects or does not respond to your request within 3 days, your order will be finalised and the seller will be paid.
This cannot be reversed and our Support team will not intervene.
In these cases, we recommend that you repost the item to your closet and resell it, instead of lodging a return request. If you liked it, chances are someone else will, too! Just remember to replace the seller's pictures with your own.