List your items and start selling!
- On the app, you can either go to List an item in the menu on the left side of the screen, or click the plus (+) sign at the bottom of your app screen. From the website, simply click on Sell now in the top right corner.
- Add pictures to the listing that clearly display the item and make sure that any defects are visible. If your item is from a well-known brand, check out which picture should definitely be included to showcase your item's authenticity.
- Pick the right Category (Men, Women, Kids) and the subcategory that matches your item. If your item suits all genders, you can activate the unisex option after the category and subcategory have been selected.
- Add all additional information: title, size, brand, description, tags, colour, condition and original price (if known).
Now it’s time to set a price for your item. You can also indicate whether buyers can make offers on your item.
Finally, select the package type. This will be used to calculate the buyer’s shipping costs. If you select a package type too small, your parcel may be refused by the shipping provider and you will have to pay extra shipping. These will not be refunded, so make sure you pick the right type.
You’re now ready: click on Add item and the item is uploaded to your closet. List as many items as you want, but first check that they comply with our Catalogue Rules, otherwise they may be blocked.
When listing for the first time
If this is your first time listing, you’ll also be asked to provide your home address' postal code. This will be used to:
- calculate the shipping costs and applicable sales taxes that your buyers pay when purchasing your items,
- enable UPS and Purolator delivery modes if there are pick-up points in your area.
Note: If you do not provide your postal code right away, any item you list will be uploaded as a "Draft". This means that buyers will be able to see your items from your closet, but they won't be able to purchase them. This will however not prevent you from listing more items.
When you are ready to add your postal code, go to your closet and click on Add postal code, or you can go to My account in Settings. All your items will become available and ready to be sold as soon as your postal code is added.
Make sure you type in the correct postal code as this will be used to calculate the shipping costs that your buyers pay when purchasing your items. Additional shipping costs aside from the ones initially paid by the buyer will not be covered by Vinted.