There are 3 ways offers can be made:
- You can let buyers make offers on your listings. They can offer an amount that’s different from the one listed, which you can either accept or reject.
- You can also receive bundle offers of 2 or more of your items at any time. Please note that anyone can make a bundle offer and this option can’t be deactivated.
- You can make an offer yourself to a selection of buyers interested in your items. Suggesting a discounted price to those who favourited your items may help you sell faster.
Making an offer to your buyers
You're notified as soon as someone puts your items in their favourites. You may then decide to suggest a discounted price to that buyer.
To do so:
- Go to your closet, select your item and click on the list of buyers who favourited your item;
- You'll be able to see your previous offers and how many buyers have favourited your item since then.
- You can decide to send offers individually to a selection of buyers by clicking on Make offer next to their name, or to send 1 same offer to all buyers by clicking on Make offer to all;
- Type in your proposed price then hit "send offer". The minimum and/or highest possible offer will also be displayed for reference.
- The buyer(s) will receive your offer and be able to accept it or make you a counter-offer.
- Once the offer is accepted, your item will be marked as "sold" and placed into the buyer's cart, waiting for payment.
Good to know:
- You can make an offer to up to 20 buyers who have last favourited your item;
- The offer expires automatically if the buyer has not responded within 72 hours;
- Your first offer must be at least 10% lower than the listed price. Remember that shipping fee, Buyer protection fee and applicable taxes are calculated by our system at checkout so please exclude them from your price.
- You can always make offers to your buyers, on any of your items, even if you have not allowed Offers from buyers on your listing. You just need buyers to favourite your item first.
Proposing a counter-offer
Whenever you receive an offer or a counter-offer from a potential buyer, you can always make a counter-offer. The buyer can then accept or make another counter-offer.
If you aren’t interested, simply ignore it. It will expire after 72 hours if you don’t respond.
If the buyer doesn’t pay for the offer that was accepted
When an offer is accepted, items are placed in the buyer's cart and marked as “sold” in your closet. The order and shipping instructions will be created when the payment is finalized. Our system will automatically calculate the shipping cost at checkout and generate a shipping label depending on the shipper selected by the buyer.
If the buyer doesn’t pay for the accepted offer within 24 hours, the offer will expire. This will automatically put your item(s) back up for sale.
Contacting the potential buyer
Private chat is not available until the purchase is finalized by the buyer and the order is created. You can always keep in touch via the item’s comments section before then.